- Positive picture ID will be requested at the time you submit your application for processing.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants who are not immediate family or are 18 years or older that intend to reside in the property must submit a separate rental application.
- Each individual who applies must qualify solely and individually in regards to the following: credit, criminal and rental history. Income verification as stated below will be considered as a household qualification.
- No more than three unrelated adults are permitted to reside in any property, regardless of the number of bedrooms.
- Application must be completely filled out, signed, and electronically submitted.
- Application Fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application.
$65/per adult (anyone 18 years or older must apply)
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This covers the cost of processing your application and obtaining your credit report. Applicant acknowledges and accepts that Times Real Estate Group represents the owner of the property for which the applicant is applying.
- *All applications are subject for approval by the owner and may be denied by the owner of the property for reasons not listed.
Application Processing Time
- Times Real Estate Group makes every effort to process applications within 24 to 48 business hours of receipt (pursuant to applicant providing all necessary paperwork, identification, and proof of income).
- The application process can take several days if we do not receive responses from previous/present landlords, employers, and other references.
- Times Real Estate Group will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and
present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility
for supplying this information to Management lies with the Applicant
NOTE: Management reserves the right to deny tenancy on the basis of an inability to contact the references provided.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your application. You are always welcome to check on the status of your application if you have not received a response within 48 business hours of submission.
- Some properties are in high demand! In some cases, there may already be applications submitted at the time you submit your application. We cannot guarantee any unit, although it may be available at the time your application is submitted. Units are rented to the first approved applicant with the full first month’s rent and security deposit paid. A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
Our background check consists of collecting and reviewing the following information:
- Credit score
- Identity verification
- Public record search
- Criminal history
- Rent-to-income verification
- Eviction records
- Employment verification
- Rental history
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
- 675-850 = Standard Approval*
- 625-674 = Conditional Approval* (typically requires double-deposit)
- 600-624 = Possible Denial (If approved, double deposit will be required)
- Below 600 = Credit scores below 600 will not be approved, even with a double deposit
- No credit history - will not be approved, even with a double deposit
Public Record Search
Times Real Estate Group may run a public record search through Pennsylvania’s Unified Judicial System. We will utilize your first/last name and date of birth to access any criminal or judgment records. Any convicted crimes that appear on this document may be used as a determining factor in your acceptance or denial. For additional information, please see criminal history criteria in the next section.
Residency may be denied due to a criminal record; please see criminal criteria below:
- Automatic Denial of Tenancy for Convicted Crimes Within the Past Seven Years Include:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder
- Harassment or stalking
- Simple or aggravated robbery
- Terrorist threats
- Felony controlled substance
- Felony burglary/theft
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree sexual assault or misconduct
- 2nd degree manslaughter
- 1st and 2nd degree assault
- In possession of a controlled substance or intent to distribute a controlled substance
- At attempt to commit one of the above stated crimes
- Any Misdemeanor may be subject to Denial
- Type of charge and date of conviction may affect the decision
- Proof of resolution may also be required
- Any Felony conviction less than 7 years from release will be denied
- Per Federal regulation, drug and alcohol use felonies may be acceptable with proper documentation
- Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for any of the following will be accepted
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs
Your gross monthly income must be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by a 3rd party or self-employed.
**If an applicant has a current mortgage on his or her credit report, applicant must make 3x’s the rent (gross income) PLUS enough to cover their mortgage. Applicant will also be required to provide closing documents to show that their current home (with mortgage showing up on credit report) has been sold OR a lease with a current tenant showing the home is leased for a period of twelve (12) months or more.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- bank statements
- tax returns
**Unemployment is not an approved form of income.
If you are not self-employed you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- copies of your last 3 pay stubs
- tax returns (if applicable)
You will need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 3 years most recent Residential History. If you have rental history shorter than 12 months a double deposit may be required. If your rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, you will not be approved for a lease at Times Real Estate Group.
A single or combined occurrence of the following will more than likely NOT allow you to rent from Times Real Estate Group.
- Any felony offense or conviction which has taken place within the last seven (7) years
- Any of the following types of felony convictions
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs.
- Any collection filed by a property management company or landlord
- Unlawful detainer action/eviction within the past two (2) years
- Balance owing to a current or past landlord
- Extreme negative and adverse rental history
- Documented complaints and/or damages
- Multiple late payments or notices to pay or vacate
- Statement by landlord, such as "WOULD NOT RE-RENT"
- Failure to cooperate with housing assistance program requirements while receiving benefits
- Unverifiable social security number or proof of legal residency in United States, or falsification of either
- Falsification of rental application (including non-disclosure of criminal records)
- Collection filings caused by breaking a lease agreement
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report of more than $100 but less than $1000 may be accepted with proper explanation and proof
- Excessive balances sent to collections may result in denial
- Outstanding debt to a property management company or previous/current landlord may result in denial
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged will be denied until proof is provided
- After a bankruptcy has been discharged, applicant may be required to show six (6) months of positive established credit
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status or National Origin.